Program Policies & Guidelines
- Participants must be accompanied during the Community Education activity or class, by caregivers, group home staff, SILS, DRCC, Trillium, etc. When applicable, aides need to be registered and paid for as well as their clients. Examples of this would be for Movie/Pizza, Cooking class, and other times where fees need to be paid for both the program participant and his/her aide who is accompanying.
- A client’s care provider must attend the event and supervise the client. Staff cannot leave clients unattended. Arrangements must be made through Community Education before a CE staff person will provide the care. Client must go through an independence-level criteria evaluation and enrollment is based upon open positions within the program.
- No Refunds will be made. Credits will be given for classes or activities that have been cancelled at least 2 days ahead of time AND if tickets or materials were not previously purchased. If tickets have already been purchased, no credits can be given. If materials have already been purchased, no credits will be given, but the materials will be sent home if possible. It will be the responsibility of the group home or participant’s caregivers to arrange for someone to pick up these materials during the actual class time.
- You will be notified if classes, trips, or activities are cancelled due to inclement weather. Please plan to attend unless Community Education calls you. If Cloquet Public Schools are cancelled due to weather, all AWD Program classes are cancelled as well.
- Pre-registration is required for all Community Education events. No walk-ins please—except for the dances! Payment options are available upon request.
- All prior quarter registration fees must be paid in full before a current quarter registration will be accepted.